His Holiness Irinej will read Christmas Enclytical of the Serbian Orthodox Church on Monday, January 5th, 2015 at 11 a.m. at the Serbian Patriarchate in Belgrade.
We call representatives of media to attend this event. Please send accreditations on firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, January 5th, 2013 until 8 a.m.
Information Service of the Serbian Orthodox Church
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia officiated the solemn Divine Liturgy in the Memorial Cathedral of Saint Sava of Serbia at Vracar in Belgrade on 16 November 2014. Patriarch Kirill was awarded with the highest distinction of the Serbian Church – Order of Saint Sava, 1st degree.
Concelebrating were Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk and Metropolitan Michael of Geneva and Western Europe, Their Graces Bishops: Lavrentije of Sabac, Vasilije of Srem, Nikanor of Banat, Irinej of Backa, Hrizostom of Zvornik-Tuzla, Lukijan of Osek-Polje, Pahomije of Vranje, Atanasije of Bihac-Petrovac, Joanikije of Budimlje-Niksic, Grigorije of Zahumlje-Herzegovina, Joakim of Polog-Kumanovo, Marko of Bregalnica, Teodosije of Raska-Prizren, David of Krusevac, David of Stobi, Jovan of Slavonia, Bishop Sergius of Solnechnogorsk, Antonije of Moravica, Arsenije of Toplica and Jeronim of Jegar; archpriests Nikolai Balashov and Igor Jakimchuk; abbots of the Serbian monasteries and clerics of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
- Patriarch Kirill concluded the irenic visit to the Serbian Church
- Patriarchal Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of Saint Sava
- In Honour and Glory of Tsar Nicholas II the Passion-Bearer
- Russia and Serbia: A long history of spiritual bonds
- Sremski Karlovci: Memory of Metropolitan Anthony (Hrapovitsky)
- Patriarch Kirill officiated Vesper service at the Russian church in Belgrade
- Chapel of Iveron solemnly celebrated
- Official talks at Serbian Patriarchate
- Panichida to Patriarchs Dimitrije and Pavle in Rakovica
- Gratitude to Russia for the donation for internal decoration of Saint Sava Memorial Cathedral in Belgrade
- President Nikolic receives Patriarch Kirill
- Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia doctor honoris causa of the Belgrade University
- Doxology at the Cathedral Church
- Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill paying irenic visit to the Serbian Orthodox Church
- Biography of Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill
- Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill to visit the Serbian Orthodox Church
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, who has undertaken a three-day visit to the Serbian Church, received the title of Doctor honoris causa of the Belgrade University in the Solemn hall of the Rectorate on Friday, 14 November 2014. The honorary degree was awarded at the proposal of the Faculty of Orthodox Theology.
Rector of the Belgrade University Professor Dr. Vladimir Bumbusarevic handed over the honorary degree. Dean of the Faculty of Orthodox Theology Professor Dr. Predrag Puzovic exposed the life and work of Patriarch Kirill, whereas His Grace Bishop Dr. Irinej Bulovic, ordinary Professor of theology, presented reasons why the Faculty of Orthodox Theology had decided to launch a proposal for Patriarch Kirill to receive the honorary degree. He said that the Patriarch became doctor honoris causa due to his overall scientific work and contribution to improvement of theological science, especially in advocating for the establishment of close links between theology as a science and the mission of the Church in society.
Joyful rite of doxology in honour of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia celebrated at the Cathedral church of Saint Michael the Archangel in Belgrade
The doxology was celebrated by the clergy of the Archdiocese of Belgrade-Karlovac, and during this rite the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church was standing on the Patriarchal throne in prayerful attendance of Serbian Patriarch Irinej and many bishops of the Russian and Serbian Church, with other high guests.
The primate of the Moscow Patriarchate His Holiness Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill arrived with his delegation by plane at the airport “Nikola Tesla” in Belgrade on Friday, the 14th November 2014, at 10:30 a.m.
The high guest and his delegation were welcomed by the primate of the Serbian Orthodox Church His Holiness Archbishop of Pec, Metropolitan of Belgrade-Karlovac and Serbian Patriarch Irinej with an entourage consisting of the dignitaries of the Serbian Church, among them: His Eminence Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral; Their Graces Bishops: Lavrentije of Sabac, Nikanor of Banat, Irinej of Backa, Hrizostom of Zvornik-Tuzla, Jovan of Sumadija, Milutin of Valjevo, Teodosije of Raska-Prizren, David of Krusevac, Vicar Bishops Their Graces: Antonije of Moravica and Arsenije of Toplica, as well as lots of priests.