His Grace Bishop David of Stobi and locum tenens of Strumice visited Johanessburg on the occasion of the church slava and 35th anniversary of the jubilee of the church of Saint Thomas the Apostle, which dean is archimandrite Pantaleon
On 16 October, His Eminence Metropolitan Damascinos of Johanessburg and Pretoria from the Patriarchate of Alexandria received His Grace Bishop David of Stobi and in his honor the doxology was served. Bishop David conveyed the greetings of His Holiness Serbian Patriarch Irinej and informed Metropolitan with the sufferings that His Beatitude Archbishop of Ohrid and Metropolitan of Skopje Jovan endures.
The state religious delegation of the Republic of Serbia is in the official visit to Indonesia from 22-26 October 2013 where they participate on the Second Bilateral Interfaith Dialogue between Serbia and Indonesia.
The first time in history of our country the state officials and all religious primates together in the official visit to one state. For the intereligious dialogue with Indonesia, the Republic of Serbia formed the highest state religious delegation consinsting of:
- His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, chief of the religious part of the delegation
- Dr. Mileta Radojevic, chief of the state part of the delegation, Director of the Office of the Government of the Republic of Serbia for Cooperation with Churches and Religious Communities
- Dr. Dragan Novakovic, assistant to Director of the Office
- Mons. Stanislav Hocevar, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Belgrade
- Adem effendi Zilkic, Reis-ul-Ulema of the Islamic Community of Serbia
- Isak Asiel, rabi of the Jewish Community in Serbia
- Muhamed ef. Jusufspahic, mufti of Serbia and imam of Belgrade, deputy of Reis-ul-ulema of the Islamic Community of Serbia
- Professor Dr. Dragomir Sando, Vice Dean at the Faculty of the Orthodox Theology of the University of Belgrade
- Dr. Aleksandar Rakovic, Coordinator of the Interfaith Dialogue of of Serbia and Indonesia and President of the Society of the Serbian-Indonesian Friendship "Nusantara"
- Protodeacon Radomir Rakic, Editor in Chief of the Information Service of the Serbian Orthodox Church
His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, attended yesterday the opening of the stand of the Office for Kosovo and Metohija at the 58th International Belgrade Book Fair
The stand of the Office for Kosovo and Metohija was opened by President of the Government of the Republic of Serbia Mr. Ivica Dacic, President of the Assembly of Serbia Mr. Nebojsa Stefanovic and Minister without Portfolio in the Government of the Republic of Serbia responsible for Kosovo and Metohija Mr. Aleksandar Vulin. Among attendees, there were also Their Graces Bishops Teodosije of Raska-Prizren and Atanasije of Bihac-Petrovac. His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch addressed the present.
At a banquet held in honor of Consul General Desko Nikitovic, at New Gracanica Monastery, Chicago, His Grace Bishop Longin, presented Nikitovic with the medal of the Order of Czar Konstantin, which was conferred by Serbian Patriarch Irinej
On Saturday, October 12, 2013, His Grace Bishop Longin, hosted a banquet at New Gracanica Monastery in honor of Desko Nikitovic, who held the position of the Consul General of Serbia in Chicago, from March 1, 2003 to September 28, 2013. Over 300 guests attended the event, including representatives from every national organization in the Serbian Diaspora in the US, distinguished businessmen, doctors, lawyers, and educators. Also attending was a special guest, Vuk Nastic, father of the two young children from California who were separated from their parents for 8 months and who were reunited to their family only after the direct intervention of Consul General Nikitovic.
His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, on behalf of Holy Synod of Bishops, awarded posthumously Diana Budisavljevic with the high dinstinction of the Serbian Orthodox Church - the order of Empress Milica. Diana Budisavljevic saved 12000 Serbian children from Jasenovac and other death camps during the World War Two in the Independent State of Croatia.
Serbian Patriarch handed over the order to Diana's great-grandson Mr. Leonard Rasica in the presence of all members of the Holy Synod of Bishops, Their Graces Bishops: Vasilije of Srem, Hrizostom of Zvornik-Tuzla, Jovan of Sumadija, Teodosije of Raska-Prizren, as well as His Eminence Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral, who recommended that Diana Budisavljevic to be awarded. The solemn award ceremony was attended also by Bishops Andrej of Remesiana and Jovan of Ulpiana, as well as protopresbyter-stavrophor Savo Jovic, the chief secretary of the Holy Synod of Bishops.
Thanks to Diana Budisavljevic, 12000 Serbian children was saved from certain death from death camps in the Indenpendent State of Croatia (NDH).