Prayerful remembrance on Serbian New Martyrs in village of Cate
His Grace Bishop Atanasije of Bihac-Petrovac consecrated foundations of a new church - memorial chapel to Serbian New Martyrs Vera, Nada, Ljubava and their mother Sofija in the hamlet of Cate in the presence of many believers, in the village of Vodica, nearby Strojica on 28 September 2013.
Local clergy concelebrated to the Bishop. The construction of this memorial chapel was initiated by descendants and families of the killed Serbs in fall 1941, and especially owing to the voluntary and unselfish effort of Dr Stojan Cate from Cata in Vodica, who is descendant himself of these 54 innocently killed Serbs in this village.
After the consecration of the foundations the memorial service was celebrated to all died in the Second World War from Cata , and Bishop Anatasije held a sermon. П
Source: Diocese of Bihac-Petrovac