Second Interfaith Dialogue between Serbia and Indonesia
The state religious delegation of the Republic of Serbia is in the official visit to Indonesia from 22-26 October 2013 where they participate on the Second Bilateral Interfaith Dialogue between Serbia and Indonesia.
The first time in history of our country the state officials and all religious primates together in the official visit to one state. For the intereligious dialogue with Indonesia, the Republic of Serbia formed the highest state religious delegation consinsting of:
- His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, chief of the religious part of the delegation
- Dr. Mileta Radojevic, chief of the state part of the delegation, Director of the Office of the Government of the Republic of Serbia for Cooperation with Churches and Religious Communities
- Dr. Dragan Novakovic, assistant to Director of the Office
- Mons. Stanislav Hocevar, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Belgrade
- Adem effendi Zilkic, Reis-ul-Ulema of the Islamic Community of Serbia
- Isak Asiel, rabi of the Jewish Community in Serbia
- Muhamed ef. Jusufspahic, mufti of Serbia and imam of Belgrade, deputy of Reis-ul-ulema of the Islamic Community of Serbia
- Professor Dr. Dragomir Sando, Vice Dean at the Faculty of the Orthodox Theology of the University of Belgrade
- Dr. Aleksandar Rakovic, Coordinator of the Interfaith Dialogue of of Serbia and Indonesia and President of the Society of the Serbian-Indonesian Friendship "Nusantara"
- Protodeacon Radomir Rakic, Editor in Chief of the Information Service of the Serbian Orthodox Church
Within the Second Bilateral Interfaith Dialogue Serbia-Indonesia in Jakarta will be held: interreligious conference on faith and cultural differencies, lectures at the State Islamic University Syarif Hidayatullah, evening service in the Orthodox church, friday prayer in a mosque, visits to the Islamic community, Orthodox church and Roman Catholic church. It is expected that our delegation is welcomed by the highest state officials: President of the Republic of Indonesia and President of the National Assembly of the Republic of Indonesia. The delegation of the Republic of Serbia will be received also by the highest religious primates of Indonesia.
The first time state religious delegation was formed for the interfaith dialogue with Indonesia in April 2011, when the First Bilateral Interfaith Dialogue Serbia-Indonesia was held.
Indonesia, which leads dialogue with more than thirty countries, stated that the First Bilateral Interfaith Dialogue with Serbia was the best it has ever held with other country.