Serbian Orthodox Church
Serbian Patriarch Irinej in Diocese of Milesevo - the Church of St. George in Pljevlja, May 29, 201130. May 2011 - 13:02
The Church of Holy Trinity in Nova Varos was built from 1857 until 1869. This church is a two-nave structure which has a rectangle base and semicircle altar apse.
In the most beautiful part of Zlatar, on Vodena Poljana (1440 m.a.s.l.), ten kolometres from Nova Varos, surrounded by high conifer forests the church of St. Cosma and Damian the Unmercenaries was built, today it's a property of the monastery of Milesevo.
Communique of the Holy Assembly of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church from the regular session held in Belgrade from May 16-27, 2011.
In Belgrade, at the Serbian Patriarchate, the regular session of the Holy Assembly of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church was held from May 16-27, 2011, presided by His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch. Participating in the Assembly were all the diocesan bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church, as well as of the autonomous Archbishopric of Ohrid led by His Beatitude Archbishop of Ohrid and Metropolitan of Skopje kyr kyr Jovan.
The Holy Assembly of Bishops began its work with the joint service of the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy in the Cathedral church of St. Michael the Archangel in Belgrade, led by Serbian Patriarch Irinej and served the Invocation of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth and wisdom, in Whom the Church lives and always works, especially in the assemblies of its bishops. Afterwards the President of the Assembly, His Holiness Patriarch in his introductory speech to the Assembly indicated some of the current questions of the life and mission of the Church in these times, times of difficult trials for us and for the world, but also times of hope and spiritual action.