Serbian Orthodox Church
Dear Parishioners and Friends,
Since the turn of the 19th century Eastern Orthodox immigrants have settled in the Range area. In 1908, a group of Serbian immigrants formed a St. Vasilije (Basil) Serbian Orthodox Church School Congregation and in 1910 built a Church in Chisholm, MN. This year marks the 100th Anniversary of the building of that Church.
A gala celebration will be held the weekend of July 17-18, 2010!
From May 28th until May 30th 2010, SOCA and SSF festival was held jointly in Chicago after 47 years. His Grace Bishop Longin, together with His Eminence Metropolitan Christopher, attended the festive opening of the festival in the Old Holy Resurrection Cathedral at Palmer Square in Chicago. The next day at the parish hall of the Holy Resurrection Cathedral in Chicago, Bishop Longin attended the reception and addressed the multitude of people. This event truly demonstrated the unity of the two singing societies as well as of the two dioceses: of New Gracanica - Midwestern America and of Libertyville - Chicago.
The St George Serbian Orthodox Parish and Church-School Congregation in St Albans, Victoria, which is under the pastoral care of the Very Rev. Stavrophor Borislav Petrovic, has recently undertaken a series of extensive projects in order to expand, enhance and adorn the edifice of the their church building. The nave and narthex have been successfully expanded whilst being faithful to the detail on maintaining the appearance and integrity of the original structure.
Fifty days after the Resurrection of our Lord Juses Christ, the disciples were meeting in their upper room. The winds from heaven filled the room and cloven tongues of fire appeared and settled upon each of the disciples and upon the Virgin Mary. At the time of our Lord's Ascension, heavenly angels appeared and promised that the Lord's closest followers would be filled with the Holy Spirit.