On July 18th and 19th, 1949. when the Church in Midland was consecrated, it was decided that the church will be dedicated to St. George, and at the suggestion of St. Bishop Nikolaj Velimirovic that it should be called “Lazarica”. That’s when it was decided that because, at that time, most of the church parishioners celebrated St. George in May, then the church slava would be in November 16th, when we celebrate Djurdjic, the restoration of the Holy Temple in Lydda Palestine and the transfer of the relics of St. George.
Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Mr. Igor Radojičić, President of the National Assembly of Republika Srpska26. November 2013 - 8:36
On 22 November 2013, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR), met with Mr. Igor Radojičić, President of the National Assembly of Republika Srpska. They were joined in the meeting by Mr. Duško Perović, representative of Republika Srpska to the Russian Federation; Mr. Mladen Brancović, head of Mr. Radojičić’ secretariat; counsellor Milan Grubor; archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations; and Mr. Miguel Palacio, a staff member of the DECR secretariat for far abroad countries.
His Grace Bishop Vasilije of Srem marked the anniversary of the episcopal service with the solemn Hierarchal Liturgy in Sremski Karlovci on 23 November 2013
At Cathedral church in Sremski Karlovci the clergy, monks, the faithful of the Diocese of Srem and students of the Karlovac Seminary gathered to mark the 35th anniversary of the episcopal service of Bishop of Srem. Priests of the Diocese of Srem and the Archbishopric of Belgrade-Karlovac concelebrated.
On Saturday, November 16th, on the feast of the Transfer of the relics of Holy Greatmartyr George, at Rakovica monastery the liturgical baptism of 80 pupils of Belgrade's primary and secondary schools was performed. Besides pupils, their parents and teachers were also baptized.